ANCHOR POWER SOLUTIONS
Planning Software & Consulting Services for the Power Industry
EnCompass Software – Powerful Simulation
EnCompass is the premier software for making optimal power supply decisions from short-term scheduling and trading to long-term capital investment. EnCompass uses an advanced optimization algorithm that enables analysts to efficiently evaluate decisions around scheduling, risk management and capital projects. EnCompass can also forecast market prices and transmission congestion.
Consulting – Power Industry Expertise
Anchor Power Solutions provides extensive services and capabilities to develop power supply plans, determine the economic value of power projects, and evaluate the impacts of market, environmental, and regulatory changes. We provide quick turn-around projects for market price forecasts and asset valuations, as well as in-depth analysis for rate cases and integrated resource plans, including expert witness testimony.
Power Industry Services & Solutions
Power Market Forecasting
Anchor Power Solutions uses powerful simulation models along with comprehensive market databases to produce accurate price forecasts under expected conditions and multiple future scenarios. EnCompass can forecast hourly day-ahead energy prices and sub-hourly real-time prices, in addition to prices for ancillary services, capacity, and environmental programs. Learn More >
Economic Transmission Planning
Anchor Power Solutions provides insight to all parties involved in the complex transmission planning process through industry expertise, dynamic software and utilization of detailed data models. EnCompass includes all of the necessary transmission detail to effectively combine generation and transmission planning, and evaluation of portfolios in nodal markets. Learn More >
Integrated Resource Planning
We help electric utilities face the complexity in power supply planning, as well as balancing requirements for reliability and environmental compliance in the most cost-effective manner. EnCompass determines not only the best way to utilize resources, but also which technologies should be added in the future, or existing resources that should be converted or retired. Learn More >
Valuation & Risk Assessment
Projecting future operations and cash flows of either a single power project or a portfolio of energy assets requires a detailed commitment and dispatch optimization model to capture all operating constraints. Valuations produced by Anchor Power can be used for project finance, tax assessments, budgeting, rate cases, and developing hedging strategies. Learn More >
Contact Anchor Power Solutions to Request a Custom Demonstration
Anchor Power Solutions – Regulatory Acceptance
- Caithness Energy filed a request to the Montana Public Service Commission for four new battery-paired wind projects to receive avoided energy cost payments which were determined using EnCompass and the National Database.
- Xcel Energy filed a supplement to its Upper Midwest Integrated Resource Plan using EnCompass to create their preferred plan, citing the granular forecasting capabilities that provide a more accurate view of future energy and capacity needs.
- The Hawaii Division of Consumer Advocacy used EnCompass to evaluate rate case filings made to the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission by Hawaii Electric Light Company, Hawaii Electric Company, and Maui Electric Company.
- Public Service Company of New Mexico filed an application with the New Mexico Public Regulatory Commission for approvals for the abandonment, financing, and resource replacement for the San Juan Generation Station. EnCompass was used to confirm the decision to abandon the coal plan and determine the best mix of replacement resources including renewable energy, battery storage, and flexible gas generating capacity.
- The Empire District Electric Company filed a rate case with the Missouri Public Service Commission in which EnCompass was used to determine the fuel and purchased power costs that formed the base factor for the company’s fuel adjustment clause.
News & Insights
Deep Decarbonization with EnCompass
Anchor Power Solutions announces the latest advancements in power system planning at the 2nd Annual EnCompass User Group Meeting. Deep decarbonization with EnCompass 5.0.
Horizons Energy Releases Fall NDB
Horizons Energy has released the Fall 2020 National Database (NDB) for EnCompass, incorporating a comprehensive set of assumptions for forecasting energy, ancillary service…
TVA Selects EnCompass Software
TVA has selected EnCompass planning software for their resource strategy needs. The Resource Strategy group at TVA had previously managed multiple users accessing multiple databases…