HORIZONS ENERGY ADVISORY LMP
Gain insight with a delivered nodal price forecast
Utilize a multi-year hourly nodal price forecast through 2050 for selected nodal points in Excel spreadsheet format
DESIGNED FOR THE ANALYST
Running a power planning model effectively and validating the results is a complicated task. Utilize results that have been vetted and analyzed by power market experts.
The Horizons Energy Advisory LMP service allows users the flexibility to utilize results that have been vetted and analyzed by power market experts in conjunction with their own knowledge of the market.
For example, the Horizons Energy Advisory LMP service might be useful in a situation where a user wants to focus on a detailed study of a given power market but would like to represent price influences from remote markets. The LMP prices the service provides would represent those remote markets.
PRICE FORECASTING SERVICE
The Horizons Energy Advisory LMP service provides insight by delivering Nodal price forecasts as a supplement to its zonal advisory service.
Locational Marginal Price is the predominant pricing mechanism in North American power markets. ISOs and RTOs can reflect the physical limits of the transmission system to calculate the costs of congestion and losses when transporting power from individual generator stations to load centers. The Horizons Energy Advisory LMP service provides clients with insight of these impacts by delivering Nodal price forecasts as a supplement to its Zonal Advisory service.
- Zonal simulations capture the regional market price impacts from fuels, emissions, transmission, demand, and emerging technologies
- Nodal prices capture the locational differences in costs due to congestion and losses
- Hourly nodal forecasts are available over the years 2021 to 2050
- Extensively researched, benchmarked and analyzed by industry professionals with 25+ years of power market pricing experience
Nodes within Commonwealth Edison Co. Zone
- Evaluation and screening of local solar, wind, storage and hybrid projects
- Basis differentials
- Basis risk
- Transmission path evaluation (e.g., FTR/CRR/ARR)
- Zonal and Nodal prices by hour
- Available for the Eastern Interconnect, WECC, and ERCOT
- User-defined nodal points
- Delivered through Excel spreadsheets
To simulate Zonal and Nodal topologies, Horizons Energy utilizes the EnCompass power planning model from Anchor Power Solutions. The EnCompass simulation model allows analysts to optimize decisions around scheduling, maintenance, capital projects and analyze power markets. EnCompass simulates nodal databases using a detailed DC power flow including transmission flow limits and contingency events to calculate the LMP for each node in the network.
Prices delivered using an Excel spreadsheet format
Discover applications and features that will help you do your job better, faster.
30 Day Free Trial
Easily explore EnCompass capabilities. We set up the software with your data.
Implementation is smooth and fast. Start building better models right away.
Produce results with the only software system you’ll need